This New Year doesn't seem to be much different from the past few New Years. I haven't been in the mood to celebrate the occasion, as I believe there is nothing to shout about. It's a new year, so what?
Life goes on, shit still happens, at times you get lucky, most of the time you lead a boring 6 to 8 life. It's no more 8-5, because I gotta wake up at 6 to avoid the jam, and by the time I reach home, the sun has ended its day shift.
Nothing much happened in 2012. Except that Iris celebrated her 1st birthday and Ian celebrated his 3rd birthday.
Among the things that happened around me, that worth mentioning are listed below:
1. Obama re-election. This proves that bullshit & salesman talk by Romney will never make him a President.
2. Seeing the Doomsday Preppers being fooled by their own stupidity. Some go to the extreme, I'm sure you watched them on TV.
3. Meaningful commercials during festive season, reminding us the importance of our family and our core values
4. Peace loving & caring people. Not many of these exists these days. Even in the rural areas, people are becoming more selfish. People in big cities? Ask yourself when was the last time you speak to your neighbour.
1. Pot holes. This issue will never end no matter who forms the next government.
2. Traffic jam. Will continue to haunt us as our roads are not getting any bigger, but sales of cars increased tremendously.
3. Bullies. Individuals, groups or countries that force smaller or weaker nations to live in hell-like condition.
4. Allies of bullies. They are bigger, stronger and have veto power but remain in silence when their allies attach smaller nations.
5. Israelis killing innocent Palestinians. In a war, no civilians should be hurt especially children and women.
6. Politicians. They promise you the sky, but all they care is their pockets.
7. Snatch thieves. Why can't they find a proper job? If they can't, why not just rob and leave the people unhurt? When they snatch, they don't only snatch the victim's bags, it is also possible that they may snatch the victim's life.
8. Lazy people. I wonder if they eat to live or live to eat. I believe it's the latter. If you are a Malaysia, I bet you know where to find these people.
9. Demonstrations. I think this is the only way to come to power in a less organised country. Create havoc and blame it on others. Then the votes will swing.
Today, we live in a very sad society. We hear about shootings in daycare centres, rape cases, civilians killed in warzones, etc. But what we do not hear may be even worse.
We should be grateful that we enjoy peace in this country. Let's not disrupt this harmony and make people hate others. To instil hate is worse than killing because the hatred will stay with you till the day you die. Let's just hope and pray that 2013 will be a better year for all of us.
CNY is just around the corner. I would like to take this opportunity to wish all who celebrates this occasion a very Happy Chinese New Year.
Enjoy this video:
THIS BLOG IS CREATED PURELY FOR PERSONAL ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES. THE AUTHOR OR OWNER OF THIS BLOG HAS ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS AND OBTAINED ABSOLUTELY NO PERMISSION WHATSOEVER WITH THE PARTIES MENTIONED IN THIS BLOG. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO PERSONS LIVING OR DEAD IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL AND PROBABLY A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION.