DISCLAIMER

THIS BLOG IS CREATED PURELY FOR PERSONAL ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES. THE AUTHOR OR OWNER OF THIS BLOG HAS ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS AND OBTAINED ABSOLUTELY NO PERMISSION WHATSOEVER WITH THE PARTIES MENTIONED IN THIS BLOG. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO PERSONS LIVING OR DEAD IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL AND PROBABLY A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION.
Free online advertising

Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Star vs New Straits Times

I have been reading The Star all these while. There is no particular reason, but I guess ever since I started reading The Star, the then NST was double the size of Star, which makes Star a better choice for reading and carrying. The arrangement of articles and colour might have been another reason. But today, I found out one thing. From page 1 to 40 (mid page), there are 28 full pages of advertisements in total, made up of full and half pages. I start to wonder, what am I paying for all these while. For the advertisements, or for the news?

As for the advertisements, sometimes they are useful, but most of the time, we just flip through without thinking twice. As for the news, I totally agree with my friend(a fellow blogger) that they are biased, and anti-opposition. But lately, I do find news which are pro-opposition especially news in the newly formed state-gov of Penang, Perak and Selangor. Not much have been heard about Kelantan and Kedah. Nevertheless, I will continue reading The Star, especially their weekend issues, 'cos if you compare theirs and of NST's, you can see the difference. They definitely have more things to read, which can keep me occupied for the whole morning.

Anyway, I believe many of you are slowly changing to NST....am I right? Any particular reason?

No comments: