DISCLAIMER

THIS BLOG IS CREATED PURELY FOR PERSONAL ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES. THE AUTHOR OR OWNER OF THIS BLOG HAS ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS AND OBTAINED ABSOLUTELY NO PERMISSION WHATSOEVER WITH THE PARTIES MENTIONED IN THIS BLOG. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO PERSONS LIVING OR DEAD IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL AND PROBABLY A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION.
Free online advertising

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

CNY - Reunion Dinner

We were supposed to depart from KL in the afternoon, but my wife's Cina-man boss ruined it all. They were forced to work up to 6pm, despite their normal half day Saturday, 2 days before CNY. How inconsiderate!



We end up having dinner in KL, and started our journey at 9pm. Reached Melaka at 11.30pm. We chit chatted a bit with my dad, and my dad suggested to go to the Batu Berendam Wet Market at midnight to get some fresh seafood, so that we can sleep a bit longer in the morning. However, most of the stalls weren't open yet. We had no choice but to go again the next morning. We woke up at 6.30am. We managed to get some small pomfrets(I guess the bigger ones were already pre-booked by restaurants), prawns, cuttlefish and some vege. We detoured to the Sentral Wet Market to get some pork and chicken.



It's a tradition for all Chinese to have a reunion dinner one day before CNY. Since my mom is no longer here with us, I have decided to be the one preparing food this year. I always think that I have the cooking talent within me! One of the reasons why I'd volunteer to cook is that I will have a choice of my favourite dishes.



Yee Sang is a must! It's a combination of fresh raw salmon with a whole lot of vege. All the ingredients are tossed in the air, the higher the better, in belief of achieving greater heights in the year ahead.




Other dishes that I prepared are the Oats Prawn, Kailan Combo (Fried stems and deep-fried leaves), Mixed Mushroom, Steamed Chicken (A Must!), Anchovies & Kailan, Guinness Pork Ribs, Steamed Fish Teowchew Style and Lotus Roots Soup.



Oats Prawn

Fried Kailan Stems & Deep-fried Kailan Leaves

Mixed Mushroom

Steamed Chicken

Kailan & Anchovies

Guinness Pork Ribs
It was a satisfying dinner, really... I've never thought that I'd cook such nice food. Haha.
More food pix coming in my next post... By the way, Happy 'Bai Ti Kong' to all Hokkien friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hiyo cham...i didn't know u can cook sooooooo well!!! macam pro lah

sinlee said...

wow cham....u really can cook yeah....way to go man...;)

Jacky Cham said...

my mom once told me, the more u know, the more u gotta do! guess like i can't escape next year, and the year after, and after, and after......