DISCLAIMER

THIS BLOG IS CREATED PURELY FOR PERSONAL ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES. THE AUTHOR OR OWNER OF THIS BLOG HAS ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS AND OBTAINED ABSOLUTELY NO PERMISSION WHATSOEVER WITH THE PARTIES MENTIONED IN THIS BLOG. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO PERSONS LIVING OR DEAD IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL AND PROBABLY A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION.
Free online advertising

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers' Day

I drove home yesterday evening with my wife and my youngest brother. The traffic was ok, but there was a little jam at Seremban, as usual.

I used to do this ever since I started working in KL, about 8 years ago. Every now and then, I'd take the effort to go home, especially on long weekends. Everytime I got home, my mom would be the first to greet me. After all, she's a housewife and she's the one taking care of the house. I'd then make arrangements with my friends on where to go after dinner. I was never at home at night.

It took me a few years until I realise what I had been doing is not right. I knew my 'home' has become just a 'hotel' for me to put up for the night. Slowly, I started spending more time at home on Saturday nights to chit-chat my parents, waking up early on Sundays to have breakfast with them, and then do some shopping in the afternoon, before departing back to KL.

As I was driving back yesterday, I thought of my late mother. How I wish when I reach home, she would greet me with a smile, and there would be her home cook food waiting at the table. No! She's not here anymore. There won't be any food at the table. Things has changed....

Despite all that has happened, I still tell myself to go back whenever I have time, or if there isn't any time, make some time! After all, my dad is still in Melaka. Without my mom's presence, he's more lonely than ever. I'd take the extra effort to go home, every month, even for 2 days 1 night. It does make a big difference. I'm thinking, when I'm old, I too will wish that my kids will be able to come home as often as possible.

Well, as all of us know, today is Mother's Day. As soon as we got up, we headed to the Jelutong Columborium. We did some prayers, and then visited some relatives. Later, we did some shopping at Tesco. I knew my dad hasn't had any home cook food lately, so, I decided to cook some soup and homely dishes for him. It was a nice feeling to have dinner at home with my family, altho not all of my brothers were back.

We didn't have any chance to celebrate Mother's Day with mom this year, but here are some pictures that we took on holidays with her. I can still remember her ever ready smile when we say 'cheese...'. I really wish I had taken her to more places, especially China before she left us. But there's nothing more we could do now. All we can do now is to take better care of my dad...

October 2006 - Cameron Highlands





















March 2007 - Chiangmai, Thailand



















October 2007 - My Wedding (Kampar)




October 2007 - My Wedding (Melaka)











The photos taken during my wedding were the few last photos she took. She wasn't healthy before the wedding. However, she told us not to worry, as she promise us she'll make sure she managed to drink our wedding tea. She did. But we did not expect everything to come so sudden. She felt dizzy in the evening, and had a minor stroke after that. I should have sent her to the hospital immediately, but I did not!!!! It was when the whole wedding reception was over, only then I sent her to the hospital. By then, everything was too late. I should have taken the immediate action to admit her, but I did not!!!! I knew during my younger days, whenever I fell sick, my mom would immediately send me to the doctor, but this time, I did not take the initiative to do the necessary. Until now, I still regret for not doing so. My advice to all readers: early detection and action could save the life of a stroke patient.
Nevertheless, I will keep my promise to my mom to take care of my dad and my brothers. This is the least that I can do now.....
To anyone reading this...remember, we only have one mother and one father. Appreciate them before it's too late. Spend more time with them now, or else when they are gone, there's nothing you can do to bring them back.
I really want to say 'Thank you' to my mom for everything she has done for us....Selflessly, she did so much for us and never complained. She's the best mom in the whole wide world.
To all happy mothers, Happy Mothers' Day....
To all unhappy mothers, it's just another day....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

dun blame urself too much ba.by the way,i wil appreciate wat i hav now...thanks for ur advice...

Anonymous said...

oh ya...forgot to tel u...is me,cia hee...

MikeM said...

brother, it had been a while since i last visited ur blog. again, i felt ur sorrow as u penned down every single word in this post... do not blame urself over wat had been done... im also the last few to saw ur mom and im sure she is proud of u in every way. She will be smiling @ u from above...

Barneymami said...

i know how you feel too. don't be too sad. that is all i know how to say. life here is only a transition. she is not gone. just continue her journey to places where we too will have to go one day. to guy in yellow shirt your bro? then i would have known him. i was his english lecturer in tar college. send my regards to him.

meglittlemeg said...

It was a touching post, glad you spend some trips together with her.. I'm sure any parents would love the time spent together..

I will appreciate my parents more too & can't take parents for granted..

Don feel bad ya, live your life to the fullest, your mummy will be able to look upon you and will be proud of you. Take Care..

nsleng said...

You know...I really cried in tears when I read your blog. Cause was thinking of my mom too.

I also regret a lot for not spending time with her before her very last few months. Cause I was pregnant and quite difficult to goes home so often. Well....I know it was an excuses...somehow she was gone, just have to move on and live happily.

Wish you all the best and take care dude!