DISCLAIMER

THIS BLOG IS CREATED PURELY FOR PERSONAL ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES. THE AUTHOR OR OWNER OF THIS BLOG HAS ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS AND OBTAINED ABSOLUTELY NO PERMISSION WHATSOEVER WITH THE PARTIES MENTIONED IN THIS BLOG. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO PERSONS LIVING OR DEAD IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL AND PROBABLY A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION.
Free online advertising

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Bad Air Asia Experience

I travel with Air Asia to and from Langkawi very frequently. So far, I've had no complaints with their service, until my last flight.

I was on board AK 6303 on 12/9/08, 1145 hours from Langkawi to LCCT. Due to some work held-ups, I was late to check in. Air Asia require one to check in 45 mins before departure. I arrived at 11.20. The ground staff at first declined my check in, but after checking with his senior, allowed me to board the plane. Thank you!

I had my lunch in the plane. I ordered the Ramadhan promo, a combo set with combinations of nasi lemak Pak Nasser, mineral water, 3 red dates and a butter cake. I've had this nasi lemak a few times already, but never have I gotten a packet with oil all over the sides of the package. I did not ask for a change as I thought I'm a careful eater and won't have any problems, except for some oily fingers. Things turn bad due to turbulence, and I got my favourite shirt stained with the yellow oil. Not only that, the half full 100ml mineral water poured onto my pants, which made me look pretty bad. Then as I was about to unwrap the butter cake, I saw a sticker written as "GUNA SEBELUM 12/09/08". I was surprised. I called the flight attendant and told her about the expiry date. She looked at the sticker, then stared back at me and threw the cake into a rubbish bag. Not only she did not replace the cake but she does not even have the courtesy to apoligize for the error. Serving expired food is a very very huge mistake in the food industry.

I was shocked with the attitude of the flight attendant. She could be on her period, lost her puppy dog or dumped by her bf. It's not the matter of me being cheated of a butter cake (although I have not taken my breakfast, and was so so hungry). What matters is the way she handled the whole situation. I hope the F&B dept of Air Asia make thorough checks on their food daily. And someone please do some checks on their flight attendants. I think the standard and attitude of flight attendants are getting worse by the day.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bad attitude indeed!

Unknown said...

Dear jackye,

this is tony fernandes from airasia. i am really sorry about your bad experience. on the crew thats disgraceful and I will find out who she is and if she is wrong she will be disciplined . On the food I have told shireen chia who is head of food about this. I truley apologise and we will get better,
kind regards,
tony

CK Mak said...

Damn air asia,
but hey tony fernandes replied to you? I find this hard to believe though... but it looks genuine...hmm....
CK Mak

Anonymous said...

Jacky.... i had read about ur experienced wif airasia... my x-gf was frm thai airasia... she also told me that the malaysian crew dun do a good job...n the service they provide sucks!!! Not customer service oriented..... those involved shld be disciplined n send for training! But I would like to give a thump up to Datuk Tony Fernandes for taking the responsibility to apologise to u...
Well done SIR...I will still support airasia...hope for a better service in future.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jacky, this is Shireen Chia from airasia. Actually the cake is still to consume. The misunderstanding occurs with the "GUNA SEBELUM". It should be in english "Best By". We have notify our supplier to amend it. Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate it and strive to improve to serve all of you better.

MikeM said...

air asia so far no hal lar... but they r very strict lar... got one time i 40 minutes before flight, the ticketing fella dont allow me to check in... MH i got no hal checking in even 20minutes b4 flight...

Rajat Anandani said...

Air Asia - The Most Horrible Airline on Earth.

I bought an Air Asia ticket to travel from Bangkok to New Delhi.

I would be travelling from Malaysia and reaching Bangkok 3.5 hours before the scheduled departure of my flight from bangkok. Today I received an SMS from Air Asia that the flight has been preponed by 3 hours and 10 mins, therefore, I would not be able to board my flight from Bangkok.

I called up the customer care and spoke with Mr. Nanda in India. Mr. Nanda advised me that the only option he can offer me is to schedule my travel on the subsequent day and I would be required to stay in Bangkok for one day in order to catch that flight.

Due to some extremely important engagements in my family I had to be home on my scheduled day as one of the senior family members was very ill.

I shared my concern with Mr. Nanda and requested for help as I was stranded in a foreign country without any assistance. To my utter disappointment, Mr. Nanda asked me to book a hotel for myself in oreder to stay in Bangkok for the day and said that the airline cannot help in any way in this situation.

It was such a terrible feeling of being helpless and harrassed to the hilt by their staff.

Never in life ever I will make another mistake to travel Air Asia. These people are absolutely inhuman and just there to mint money for every service they offer...

Anonymous said...

Hi there, before you complain... Have you ever considered the cause of the flight attendant's behaviour? Before you start passing complaints and judgements, u hv tO understand that they all are worked out to the max and flying ungodly hours. Would you be all smiling and happy if i made you work 15 hours a day with 2 hours travelling time not considered as part of your workin hours? Lets see you be all smiles and cheery. You want service, you pay for it. And to Mr Tony, i don't think disciplining your staff is the right way to go. I think you have to seriously look into and consider the HR policies at air asia. Your HR director must be sleeping on the job. Look at your turn over of flight attendants.. And cheap fares are good. But these come at the cost of your employees. Employees are your biggest assest. Prove me wrong on this please, but i know for sure, when you care for your staffs, they will in return perform well. And therefore you will be receiving less complaints such as the above. I regard you as a noble and respectable business man for your success. I hope my perceptions about you aren't wrong. Just my humble opinion. Thanks

Jacky Cham said...

hi anonymous, i would be glad if you would post your name..and not remain anonymous. anyway, this is just a personal experience, so chill buddy...don't get over excited.

if they are made to work 15 hours a day, it's not my problem. if they can't take it, bring it to their union, bring it to their higher management, or even to the labour office. if they still can't take it, just quit and get an 8-5 job. simple!

customers don't pay and get rubbish. this could be a one-off incident...but it did happen. to improve, you have to admit your mistakes and learn from it, then make a change...just like what tony did. and i respect him for that. there are many ways to address a problem, all you need to do is spend some time to understand it and find some solutions. but mr anonymous, instead of doing that, you condemn others who share their views and experiences. well, i hope you are better off now with that kind of attitude.

iQbal said...

I think you're over reacting with the expiry date of the food.... 1 day is not going to make a difference - especially if it is a cake. WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU??? I would have reacted the same as the flight attendant.