DISCLAIMER

THIS BLOG IS CREATED PURELY FOR PERSONAL ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES. THE AUTHOR OR OWNER OF THIS BLOG HAS ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS AND OBTAINED ABSOLUTELY NO PERMISSION WHATSOEVER WITH THE PARTIES MENTIONED IN THIS BLOG. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO PERSONS LIVING OR DEAD IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL AND PROBABLY A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION.
Free online advertising

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Exploring Langkawi Island, Malaysia

I first stepped foot in Langkawi in Feb early this year. It was a family outing. Little that I know, I was asked to manage a project here the following month. Time really flies. It is my 9th month in this beautiful place, and it's a really nice place to be at. The only thing which I don't like here is to be away from my beloved wife.

My friend called me last month, informing that he is planning for a breakaway trip to Langkawi during X'mas. Too bad I'll be celebrating X'mas with my wife in KL, so I decided to make life easy for him during his stay here. I've actually emailed him a detailed itinery on the dos and don'ts in Langkawi. Hopefully the info helps.

I'm currently staying with my colleague in a rented condo very near to our construction site. It's a nice place, although we only spend 3 hours a day in the condo, apart from sleeping. In short, we spend most our time under the sun!
The project that we are engaged in is called PULAPOL. It's a police training camp, expected to complete in Dec 2008 but due to the economy crisis, I think it'll delay at least up to June 2009.



Academic Block


Sports Complex


Dormitory

My Work Station

Perdana Condo

Perdana Condo

After work, most us will hang out at Palm View Seafood Restaurant. Reason being the food is nice, the price is reasonable and the people are friendly. I'd recommend this place for all my friends who plan to visit Langkawi. It's located along Pantai Chenang.



In Langkawi, 3 things are cheap. Liquor, Cigarette and Cars. Langkawi is a duty free island. Everyone who comes to Langkawi doesn't drink water, they drink beer all day and night. Another thing that tourists buy is the chocolate. Although it's not very cheap here, you can many varieties at almost every corner of Langkawi.
I'll make this post short. In my next post, I shall post about the interesting things one can do in Langkawi. Time for dinner. In fact, I'm posting this at Palm View Rest.
Adios!


1 comment:

Chris said...

awaiting ur next post for the places of 'interest' to visit in langkawi...hehehe...