DISCLAIMER

THIS BLOG IS CREATED PURELY FOR PERSONAL ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES. THE AUTHOR OR OWNER OF THIS BLOG HAS ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS AND OBTAINED ABSOLUTELY NO PERMISSION WHATSOEVER WITH THE PARTIES MENTIONED IN THIS BLOG. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO PERSONS LIVING OR DEAD IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL AND PROBABLY A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION.
Free online advertising

Monday, December 22, 2008

Witnessing A Freaking Accident

I've just witnessed a freaking accident. It all happened in seconds....


I was at a T-junction waiting to turn left. As I was about to turn, I saw a guy on a bike speeding in front of me, from left to right. As his sight passed me, I saw his tortoise helmet flew off his head due to the strong wind and also his speed. He tried to grab hold of the helmet with his right hand, which he failed. That was when I have turned to the left. I wanted to laugh because, honestly, this is the first time I see a helmet fly. I looked at my rear mirror to see if everything was ok. The rider wasn't on the road! Then I looked onto the right side mirror, only to horribly find the motorbike lying on the ground. I immediately turned into my workplace (it's just next to the T junction) and asked for help. I sped off to the location where the guy has fallen off.


"Oh God....this is bad....very bad", I though to myself. The guy was unfortunate to hit the column of a billboard. His head bled terribly. He was struggling to move, but his hands and legs was so so stiff as if he sufferred cramps all over his body. At first, I thought he wouldn't survive this but I still gotta do what I'm supposed to do.


I called 999, said my location and got transfered to the emergency unit at Langkawi. I told them to send an ambulance to the accident scene. They took my name and phone number.


It seemed that this guy was tailing his family members who were on a car slightly in front of him. They were curious as they waited for him to come, but he did not. So, they made a 'U' turn and shockingly saw him lying on the ground, with his head full of blood. His dad was in his 50's, quite steady and asked what happened. I explained to him what I saw. His mom was holding him tight, trying to calm him down.


Not long after that, the ambulance arrived. I'd really compliment their speed. They are fast! Good job. They took out a strecture, and we helped to lift the boy onto it, and into the ambulance. Luckily, he's still breathing.


According to the family members, they just arrived today, and gotten the car and bike half an hour prior to the accident. It's so unfortunate that their holiday came to an end with this tragic accident.


My advice to everyone who rides or drives, do buckle up your helmets, seat belts, safety helmet or whatever safety equipments you are handling. Because without buckling up, it is as good as not wearing it. If that guy had buckled up his helmet and fell off his bike, he would have suffered only a knock and some minor scars, no bleeding!


There's one more thing that I must highlight here, that is 'BAN ALL TORTOISE HELMETS'. I seriously think that tortoise helmet is not safe on the road. People may argue that tortoise helmets are safe with proper buckle, but we all know that the tortoise helmet doesn't provide full protection to our heads. It only covers the top half of our heads. Chances that one survive an accident from a fully covered helmet is definitely higher than with a tortoise helmet. There has been some talks of banning the tortoise helmet, but so far, decisions has yet been made by the government. Let's just hope for some good news on this from the government.


Anyway, I pray that this guy is safe and he doesn't suffer any serious head damage.


p/s: I regretted for not taking any photos (I can't, I was calling 999) and the number plate of the bike....Aaarrrggghhh.....

3 comments:

Kenji's Dad said...

shitz!

hows the guy now??

Jacky Cham said...

i dunno man...
if he's lucky he should still be in the hospital. otherwise, he's already 6 ft underground.

MikeM said...

brother... when i was schooling, i had a tortoise helmet too... it was pretty comfy considering the air that can ventilate around ur head when u were riding... anyway, i always buckled up wan... banning tortoise helmet quite harsh, cos those riders on harleys will look weird if they are on full-faced... kekekeke... hope that guy is well too...