DISCLAIMER

THIS BLOG IS CREATED PURELY FOR PERSONAL ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES. THE AUTHOR OR OWNER OF THIS BLOG HAS ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS AND OBTAINED ABSOLUTELY NO PERMISSION WHATSOEVER WITH THE PARTIES MENTIONED IN THIS BLOG. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO PERSONS LIVING OR DEAD IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL AND PROBABLY A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION.
Free online advertising

Monday, September 10, 2007

Will You Marry Me?

I read Mike's blog, and he has a post on marriage proposals. I guess it's an interesting topic for both guys and girls to talk about, so I thought, why not share mine...

I wanted to make it simple, but worth for the two of us to remember and to cherish, and most importantly just between the two of us. I did not want to involve other people, because I believe marriage is different from wedding. Marriage is between 2 souls, living as one...whereby wedding, is a ceremony to be shared and enjoyed by all.

We have been talking about marriage for quite some time, we even did our preparations, chose our dates (wedding dinner, as well as ROM), bought our stuff, inform our frens and relatives, took our photos, etc. The one thing I have not done, is to PROPOSE! She has been anxiously waiting for this day. I played along, pretending not to bother and ignored her counting how many days to our ROM. Weeks passed by, and finally one day before our ROM, I threw her a surprise.


I bought her a cake with the words "Will you marry me?". I bought a mini Doraemon because she says my tummy is round and I'm cute, just like Doraemon. Am I? I also had a red rose, symbolising 'u r my one and only'. I had my witnesses, her favourite teddy bear (for hugging when I'm not around), kermit the frog and a red doggie (Patrick).



I placed the cake on our bed, with the witnesses all around, and our house cordless phone beside the cake. So, as she came into the house, I put on my coat and hid in the other room. I knew she will walk straight into our room. She just walked straight into my plan. The next thing she knew, the phone rang. I uttered "Miss Lam ..... Will you marry me?". And immediately I appeared in front of her, kneeling down with a red rose on my hands. I could see that she's trying to keep her cool, and pretending not to be surprised. "Hmm...I have many conditions, you know...? " she replied. Haha, I knew it...Well, after agreeing to her conditions, she finally agreed. Wanna know what are her conditions?



Well, for me, it's just a formality. I guess it's something a guy has got to do, once in a lifetime. As for her, I believe her life wouldn't be complete if I did not propose to her, and she'll hate me for God knows how long.... I'm glad we did it. Altho it's not as grand as what we see in Korean/Japanese dramas, but we are glad that we have chosen our destiny and are together now, and we do have our own story to tell to our grandkids when we are older.....


Guys, look forward to our WEDDING soon!

3 comments:

Chris said...

Bro nice stuffs...me no experience though...but one this I agree with May...yes ur tummy is damn big...hahhahahha...LOL..better shape up before the wedding man...

Jacky Cham said...

big tummy like doraemon cute ma. agree or not?

MikeM said...

sweet...