DISCLAIMER

THIS BLOG IS CREATED PURELY FOR PERSONAL ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES. THE AUTHOR OR OWNER OF THIS BLOG HAS ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS AND OBTAINED ABSOLUTELY NO PERMISSION WHATSOEVER WITH THE PARTIES MENTIONED IN THIS BLOG. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO PERSONS LIVING OR DEAD IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL AND PROBABLY A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION.
Free online advertising

Monday, December 03, 2007

Miss World 2007

Congrats to Zhang Zilin from China for being crowned Miss World 2007.





I did not watch the finals event but from the photos, I can see that she looks quite normal. I was expecting our really beautiful (maybe the most beautiful of all Malaysian contestants over the years) Boleh-sian Miss Deborah Priya Henry to be in the top 3 but she only lasted the last 16.




Anyway, what I'm trying to say here is, most contest in China thesedays has lost it's spark. It's a beauty contest, but the most beautiful did not win. And in the badminton China Open and Hong Kong open lately, there have been some bad calls by the umpire, even when the linesman did say the opposite. I'm quite worried by this upcoming 'unfriendly' and 'unsportsmanship' trend. Next year is the Olympics, and hosted by Beijing. If this dishonest and unfair decisions are being brought into the Olympics, then I think it's really going to be a big problem to the host country. I'm not gonna complain much here 'cos here in Malaysia, it happened too. Remember Andrea Fonseka? Those who do not know or forgotten about it, just google it thru.

It doesn't matter wether it's about me being a Malaysian or of Chinese background. I was born here and grew up here as a Boleh-sian. I believe there have been some racial incidents lately, but there is nothing that will stop us living harmoniously in a multi racial country like what we've been doing for the past 50 years. No matter what, I'm still up for fair game. IBF, do something about it ya....

No comments: